- Medical School: Albany Medical College
- Residency: Rhode Island Hospital and Brown University School of Medicine
- Fellowship: Brigham & Women’s Hospital and Harvard University School of Medicine
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Medical Association
A native of Chester County, Dr. Bender joined the West Chester Gastrointestinal Group in 2007 after completing her gastroenterology and hepatology fellowship at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School. While in Boston, she completed a program in Clinical Effectiveness at the Harvard School of Public Health. Dr. Bender has received numerous academic, research and teaching awards and has published and presented scientific papers at several national meetings. She has been named a Top Doc in both Main Line Magazine and Philadelphia Magazine on several occasions.
Dr. Bender has privileges at Penn Medicine Chester County Hospital and sees patients in the West Chester and Exton US Digestive Health Offices. She performs numerous endoscopic procedures including endoscopies (EGD), colonoscopies and hemorrhoid banding.
In her spare time, Dr. Bender enjoys spending time with her family, running, traveling, and cheering for all Philadelphia sports teams.
Practice Website: usdigestivehealth.com